[SciPy-User] SciPy+NumPy on 4 major linux distributions

Ivo Maljevic ivo.maljevic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:29:22 EDT 2009

So, numpy works very well, but scipy.test() fails, and I think it is the
same failure across the distributions.
Anyone knows what does this mean:

ERROR: test_implicit (test_odr.TestODR)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/odr/tests/test_odr.py",
line 88, in test_implicit
    out = implicit_odr.run()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/odr/odrpack.py", line 1055,
in run
    self.output = Output(apply(odr, args, kwds))
TypeError: y must be a sequence or integer (if model is implicit)

Ran 3395 tests in 51.646s

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=3, SKIP=28, errors=1)
<nose.result.TextTestResult run=3395 errors=1 failures=0>