[SciPy-User] scipy on snow leopard

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:21:18 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:12, Wolfgang
Kerzendorf<wkerzendorf at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> Here is the output http://pastebin.com/d5d081d18. Grep on Wolfgang and
> you should get all of the prinouts.

Ah! Someone screwed up the conversion to use subprocess instead of
os.popen(). Try this version of the _can_target() function.

def _can_target(cmd, arch):
    """Return true is the command supports the -arch flag for the given
    architecture."""
    newcmd = cmd[:]
    newcmd.extend(["-arch", arch, "-v"])
    p = Popen(newcmd, stderr=STDOUT, stdout=PIPE)
    stdout, stderr = p.communicate()
    for line in stdout.splitlines():
        m = re.search(_R_ARCHS[arch], line)
        if m: