[SciPy-User] scipy on snow leopard

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 03:24:37 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 02:19, Wolfgang
Kerzendorf<wkerzendorf at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I first tried to install scipy using the stable build on snow leopard.
> I am using the python that came with it. It complains about can't
> install when cross compiling.
> Then I installed numpy svn and scipy svn, both compile fine but when
> importing scipy,linalg I get :
> site-packages/scipy/linalg/flapack.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture
> or when importing interpolate:
> site-packages/scipy/special/_cephes.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Please provide the full output of the error messages and the full
build log (it's probably too big to attach to the list; you may need
to post it somewhere and show us the URL).

What Fortran compiler are you using and what version? Please state
exactly what website you downloaded it from.

Please show us the output of

  $ file site-packages/scipy/linalg/flapack.so

Probably, the required architecture flags have changed for the build
of Python on Snow Leopard and numpy.distutils needs to be updated.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco