[SciPy-User] a small example of scipy.ndimage.map_coordinates

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:35:00 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM, denis <denis-bz-gg at t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ralf, Thanks David,
>>  I've put the note, with your suggestions, in
>>
>> http://advice.mechanicalkern.com/question/17/getting-started-with-2d-interpolation-in-scipy
>>
>> I think a collection of getting-started / microtutorials, easier than
>> the Cookbook,
>> might be useful; and I like the rating / comment system in
>> mechanicalkern / stackoverflow.
>> We'll see if
>> "answers from that site [mechanicalkern] get integrated in the
>> reference/user guides where appropriate."
>> If not, please advise.
>>
>> Is the editor in mechanicalkern the same as the one in the doc wiki ?
>>

> No. The doc wiki editor accepts reST, the one in mechanicalkern accepts
> Markdown (I think, but that should really be stated somewhere).

Note: our wiki doc editor is a custom django-based app - pydocweb - written
by several of our scipy developers, now largely maintained by Pauli
Vertanin.

Is there a local version of either, to first compose locally ?

>> Any decent text editor will do, as long as you know how to use the markup.
> There's no local renderer as far as I know.

If you really, really want a renderer on your local machine, you can run
pydocweb on your machine, and it will render the reST mark-up (as well as
provide you with all its other functionality as well).  However, pydocweb
has a Preview function, and it doesn't take too long to learn the reST
basics, so most (all, I'd guess) of us simply edit in a basic text editor,
cut-n-paste our work into the editing panel pydocweb provides (I actually
edit right in there, but don't tell anybody, ;-) 'cause nominally we
discourage that), preview to check our mark-up, perform any corrections, and
then save our work in pydocweb.

>> (OK I'll go over to scipy-dev
>> but it's not in google groups and the Gmane nntp reader seems to be
>> broken on my mac,
>> what do you two use ?)
>>
>> I just read it in gmail.

Ditto.  (Gmail automatically threads your inbox, if that's what you're
afraid you'd miss).

DG