[SciPy-User] Trend Detection

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 10:40:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

Recently, I have come across a new paper published with the title:
Deterministic versus stochastic trends: Detection and challenges [1]. I am
planning to experimentally apply (very preferably, without re-inventing the
wheel :) some of the techniques that they adapted for trend detection
(parametric and non-parametric ones) on my datasets. (Ahh, I don't know how
will it would take for me to fully grasp what this is really means: "*including
wavelet analysis, heuristic methods and by fitting fractionally integrated
autoregressive moving average models.*")

Are any of the mentioned approaches available in SciPy habitat?

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

---
[1] : Fatichi, S., S. M. Barbosa, E. Caporali, and M. E. Silva (2009),
Deterministic versus stochastic trends: Detection and challenges, J.
Geophys. Res., 114, D18121, doi:10.1029/2009JD011960.
<http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2009/2009JD011960.shtml>

--
Gökhan