[SciPy-User] ANN: visvis

Almar Klein almar.klein at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:05:23 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the first release of visvis, a Python
visualization library for of 1D to 4D data.

Website: http://code.google.com/p/visvis/
Discussion group: http://groups.google.com/group/visvis/

Since this is the first release, it hasn't been tested on a large
scale yet. Therefore I'm specifically interested to know whether it
works for everyone.

=== Description ===

Visvis is a pure Python visualization library that uses OpenGl to
display 1D to 4D data; it can be used from simple plotting tasks to
rendering 3D volumetric data that moves in time.

Visvis can be used in Python scripts, interactive Python sessions (as
with IPython or IEP) and can be embedded in applications.

Visvis employs an object oriented structure; each object being
visualized (e.g. a line or a texture) has various properties that can
be modified to change its behaviour or appearance. A Matlab-like
interface in the form of a set of functions allows easy creation of
these objects (e.g. plot(), imshow(), volshow()).

Regards,
  Almar