[SciPy-User] installing scipy on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 18:39:53 EST 2009

When trying to install py-scipy in macports, I get the following error:

ichard-Eakins-MacBook-Pro:scipy richardeakin$ sudo port install py-scipy
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Computing dependencies for py-scipy
--->  Staging py-numpy into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: error renaming
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py-numpy/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/f2py":
no such file or directory
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: py-numpy swig-python
bison gsed python_select swig

I don't know if that is an issue for this list or the macports list.  But,
I'm moving on to other methods..

Rich