[SciPy-user] 'from scipy import linalg' fails

Klubok, Igor Igor.Klubok at sac.com
Thu May 7 09:07:54 EDT 2009

Good morning,

 I installed scipy 0.7.0 and numpy 1.3.0 on 64bit RedHat Linux 3 ES
(kernel 2.4.21-37.Elsmp, AMD-based hardware)

 Since there was a known bug for incomplete blas packags on RedHat, I
properly compiled lapack 3.1.1 and atlas 3.8.3 and installed the
resultant  files in /usr/local/lib/atlas dir. I set up an env var
ATLAS=/usr/local/lib/atlas/lib prior to scipy build/install process.

 Here is an error message I get:

 % python2.5
 >>> from scipy import linalg;
 Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "/usr/local/python2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
 packages/scipy/linalg/__init__.py", line 8, in <module> from basic
import
 *
    File
"/usr/local/python2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/linalg/basic.py"
, line 389, in <module> import decomp
    File
"/usr/local/python2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/linalg/decomp.py
", line 23, in <module> from blas import  get_blas_funcs
    File
"/usr/local/python2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/linalg/blas.py",
line 14, in <module> from scipy.linalg  import fblas
 ImportError:
/usr/local/python2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/linalg/fblas.so:
undefined symbol: srotmg_

 I would appreciate your advice on how to address this issue.

 Thank you,

 Igor Klubok

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.