[SciPy-user] 2d trapz

Christian K. ckkart at hoc.net
Tue Mar 10 15:44:56 EDT 2009

Fabrice Silva schrieb:

> I do not agree. *quad integrators are kind of auto-adaptative
> integrators, whereas trapz (and simps) handles fixed sample values and
> performs an approximated integration which error is linked to the step
> size (in the case of regularly spaced sampled). In my humble opinion,
> these are two really different kind of integrators...

I could not have said that better :) Thanks for jumping in.

I found some implementations in maple and mathematica but of course I
would prefer to reuse someone's code rather than implementing it on my own.

http://www.mathlab.cornell.edu/local_maple/mvc/local/lib/num_int_2d
http://math.fullerton.edu/mathews/n2003/SimpsonsRule2DMod.html

Christian