[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries module installation

Alec Koumjian aleck at marlboro.edu
Mon Jun 15 11:22:44 EDT 2009

Hello all,
I'm looking for a little installation support for the
scikits.timeseries module.  The machine is running Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04.
 The module appears to have successfully installed to the following
directory:
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/scikits.timeseries-0.91.1-py2.6-linux-i686.egg

The installation was done using the setuptools setup.py file.
However, when I attempt to do the following:
"import scikits.timeseries as ts"
Python can't find the module.  I've tried manually copying the scikits
directory to /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/, but it's expecting to
find further dependencies elsewhere.

Any suggestions?