[SciPy-user] f2py problem: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:24:27 EDT 2009

Hmm.  The other thread of a year ago mentioned seliniux as well.  I am
running a vanilla Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 install.

But that got me to thinking.  It turns out that these files were on a FAT32
partition.  I copied them to an ext3 partition, and things seem to be going
better.  (I am still battling my old code, but the f2py modules import and
seem to be working).

Thanks for spurring my thinking and saving me a long, fruitless battle with
how to make gfortran act like g77.

Ryan