[SciPy-user] Import statements

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:24:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:16, R. Padraic Springuel
<R.Springuel at umit.maine.edu> wrote:
> I recently installed the Superpack on some of the "server" (they don't run
> MAC OS Server) computers in my group in order to use them to run data
> analysis programs in the background overnight while they continue to perform
> their normal file sharing purposes.  However, the Superpack build of scipy
> seems to create issues with one of my home made packages that is dependant
> on scipy.  In particular, the problem seems to be a "import scipy.stats"
> statement in my home package.  Said statement also fails in the command line
> interpreter with a error that reports that scipy has no stats module
> (attribute), which contradicts what's in the help statements for scipy.

"import scipy.stats" should work. "import scipy; scipy.stats" should not.

Please copy-and-paste error messages along with the code that created
them rather than trying to describe them.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco