[SciPy-User] optical ray tracing

Elliot Hallmark permafacture at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:34:37 EDT 2009

howdy,

I'm looking to do some raytracing for a nonimaging design and there
are no opensource packages that address the geometry needed.  Scipy
seems like a good package to become familiar with anyway (I miss
mathematica now that i'm no longer a university student), but i was
wondering if anyone has already done some optical ray tracing work in
scipy that i could build off of.

Wouldn't be to hard to do from scratch, but my focus is on the design
and the fewer excursions into building new tools the better.

thanks,

elliot