[SciPy-User] encryption of numpy array (wav file) ?

David Baddeley david_baddeley at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 26 20:16:26 EDT 2009

If you're only looking to protect the data from accidental listening you could always just bitwise xor it with a (random) key:

encrypted = data ^ key

decrypted = encrypted ^ key

if you had a reasonable key (which you kept safe), and potentially cast your data to some type with loads of precision (eg int64 or float128) before doing the xor's it might not be too insecure either.

David