[SciPy-user] NumPy arrays of Python objects (it was Re: How to start with SciPy and NumPy)

Vicent vginer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 04:05:33 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:34, David Cournapeau <
david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Vicent wrote:
> >
> > Is that a "bad" (not optimal) implementation, because I am mixing
> > NumPy "optimized" arrays with "simple" objects?
>
> The problem is that your question is too general without more context.
> Discussing about the best data representation without  the problem you
> are trying to solve makes little sense, I think.

In fact... I think I am going to use it in a sequential way, I mean, I am
going to build loops to go from the first element to the last in the array,
and perform some operations related with the properties of each element.

Also, it is possible that I need to perform some searches, I mean, to look
for a concrete value of "property1" within the Elements in the array.

I don't know if I should by more concrete...

--
vicent