[SciPy-user] SciPy and GUI

Stef Mientki s.mientki at ru.nl
Sun Jan 25 05:33:53 EST 2009

Lorenzo Isella wrote:
> Dear All,
> I hope this is not too off-topic. Given you Python code, relying on
> SciPy for number-crunching, which tools would you use to create a GUI
> in order to allow someone else to use it, without his knowing much (or
> anything) about scipy and programming?I know Python is great for this,
> but I do not know of anything specific.

I would use wxPython to create the GUI
(or maybe PyQt now the Qt license has changed).
You can either create MatLab like environments, like this

http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_animations_screenshots.html
or Labview like environments like
  http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_manual.pdf
and here a demo of program with a extensive set of VPython-5 applications

http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_application_vpython3.html
cheers,
Stef