[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries: tsfromtxt

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:40:18 EST 2009

On Jan 13, 2009, at 3:19 PM, Tim Michelsen wrote:

> How robust is the function tsfromtext?
> Can I use it or do you (better we all) need more testing?

It's fairly robust, but testing is always needed of course. I'm pretty
sure we can run into some nasty corner cases.

> Is this a rewrite of np.loadtxt?

It's actually an adaptation of numpy.genfromtxt, the rewrite of
np.loadtxt/mlab.csv2rec that I have implemented last month and that
still don't know where to put in the numpy distribution. As I copied
the necessary code in scikits.timeseries, you won't need to install
anything else.

> You recently said, that the extras.py functions are not yet for
> common use.

Did I ? I was probable exaggerating a bit. The functions (should)
work. tsfromtxt does most certainly and replaces trecords.fromtextfile
that was badly broken.

> May you indicate for those functions that are still under development
> the status in the docstring?

Will do. But once again, feel fere to try tsfromtxt and to send some
feedback.