[SciPy-user] Scipy 0.7, weave, windows

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 11:15:36 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Daniel Wheeler
<daniel.wheeler2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:19 AM, David Cournapeau
> <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    I just did a full build/install/test dance of scipy 0.7 on windows,
>> and things look good - except weave, which brings 205 errors when the
>> full test suite is run. Do people use weave on windows ?
>
> Yes. Our test suite for fipy currently passes all it's weave tests on
> windows with python 2.5 and scipy version 0.6.0 and that includes a
> lot of auto generated weave code.

Thanks for the info. Would you mind testing it with scipy 0.7.x branch
? There are some test failures which showed some old code which could
not have worked (like using python code which was removed from python
svn 5 years ago), but as I am not a weave user myself, I can't really
assess what's significant and what's not.

I could make a binary installer if that makes it easier for you to test,

David