[SciPy-user] remezord() ticket #475

Günter Dannoritzer dannoritzer at web.de
Sat Feb 21 14:48:59 EST 2009

Scott Sinclair wrote:
>> 2009/2/20 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
>> Hi Günter
>> Would you like to help?  We need to reformat the docstring according
>> to the NumPy standard, and add tests to make sure that all those new
>> functions do what they're supposed to.  If you can provide the tests,
>> that would help a great deal!
>
> There are some guidelines on writing tests here:
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/TestingGuidelines
>
> If you don't have nose installed, you could make tests that run with
> the standard Python module unittest
> (http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html). Nose will pick these
> up automatically and has many extra features that make it more
> attractive than unittest.

Stéfan and Scott, thanks for the information. I will give it a try to
create some test cases. I wrote Lev Givon, the author of those functions
an email to discuss some ideas about testing. I was not sure whether he
is still subscribed to this list and wrote him direct.

I will read the test guidelines and come back if I have some questions
about them.

Guenter