[SciPy-user] Google App Engine

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Feb 13 13:06:45 EST 2009

On 13-Feb-09, at 9:11 AM, SimonPalmer wrote:

> Is it possible to get scipy/numpy running on the Google App Engine?
> Has anyone tried?

I looked into it, and at present it doesn't seem to be possible:

"Currently, Google App Engine allows you to write your applications
with Python 2.5. For security reasons, some Python modules written in
C are disabled in our system. Also, since Google App Engine doesn't
support writing to disk, some libraries that support this and other
functionalities are only partially enabled."

http://code.google.com/appengine/kb/general.html#language

If you can't get C code running (so no NumPy anyway), good luck with
Fortran (which SciPy depends pretty heavily on).

David