[SciPy-user] Help on installation of scipy

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Feb 12 21:19:53 EST 2009

yelver huang wrote:
> Hi David, Thank you so much for you help. I have execute the command
> you suggest and the result is as you expected: the version is 1.0.4,
> and the result of 'print numpy.__file__' is: 'G:\Program
> Files\MGLTools 1.5.2\MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\__init__.pyc'
>
> This relates to my previously installed software Autodock, so can you
> give me some suggestion on what I can do further in order to implement
> numpy and scipy?

I don't know autodock, but I would guess that it adds MGLToolsPckgs to
your PYTHONPATH environment variable. Ideally, if autodock uses its own
local python packages, it should keep them private - if you put
C:\Python25\libs\site-packages in front of your PYTHONPATH, I am afraid
it will break autodock. That may be an issue worth discussing with
autodock people,

David