[SciPy-user] odeint for calculating trajectories

Ryan May rmay31 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 13:04:53 EST 2009

Hi,

Is there a good way to use scipy.integrate.odeint to calculate trajectories
from an observed velocity field? I know you can do this when you have an
analytic expression for dx/dt, but in this case I have a spatial grid of
values for dx/dt.  The only way I've come up with is to make the function
passed to odeint something that will interpolate fromt the grid to the given
point.

Thanks,

Ryan

--