[SciPy-user] Computational Economics with SciPy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:27:26 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 17:19, Guilherme P. de Freitas
<guilherme at gpfreitas.com> wrote:
> Actually it is being shipped already. Mine arrived today from Amazon!
> I'm a econ graduate student trying to do the computational assignments
> in Python, and these resources seem *very* helpful. Especially when
> none of your professors or classmates ever used Python before, so you
> have nobody to ask for help.
>
> I don't know what's the policy for what should and what should not be
> linked on SciPy's website, but I think these resources should
> definitely be linked there (notably the "Cookbook" section and the
> "Topical Software" section).

I think a page describing the book and linking to its home page (not
an Amazon link, for preference) would be good. I don't think it really
fits into the Cookbook section, though. Hopefully, there will
eventually be enough books to make a special category for such pages.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco