[SciPy-User] SciPy under Windows 7 (x64)

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:26:42 EST 2009

On 12/02/2009 07:19 AM, Donovan Parks wrote:
> Hello Josef,
>

>> David will know better, but can you try scipy-0.7.1 with numpy 1.3. to
>> see whether this combination works on Windows 7 and to see whether
>> your error is numpy 1.4.0 related? (I'm still not convinced that
>> binary compatibility hasn't been broken.)
>>
> I moved to numpy 1.3 and indeed this fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.
>
> Cheers,
> Donovan

While I saw the same error, I was able to do "import scipy.stats as
stats" and the chi2 function appeared to be present (but I did not try
it). So perhaps some variable(s) are not correctly defined.

Given the numpy and scipy changes, I do not know if it would exist with
a svn version of scipy. So far compiling under Windows is way too hard
for me to grasp (mainly time and effort to get the correct environment)
but I can test things.

Bruce