[SciPy-User] Problem with scipy.special.chebyt

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sun Aug 30 14:45:08 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-30, Ivo Maljevic <ivo.maljevic at gmail.com> wrote:
[clip]
> Pauli, Whatever the case is, I would suggest you to consider using
> scipy.linalg eigenvalue function inside scipy.special. I see no point
> in using numpy.dual version of it. They are clearly differently implemented,
> and scipy's eig function solves the problem even in these distributions, and
> moves the problem from scipy to numpy.

I believe the original intent in using numpy.dual at all was here
to avoid coupling between different scipy submodules (see r2920
-- it's pretty explicit). How desirable this is is then a
different question.

Anyway, the right fix is to track down why numpy.linalg.eig fails
on Mandrake/Opensuse.

--
Pauli Virtanen