[SciPy-User] Dimensions of x and y are incompatible

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:42:37 EDT 2009

On Aug 3, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Omer Khalid wrote:

> Hi,

Omer,
You do realize this is the Scipy mailing list, right ? You should ask
matplotlib related questions to the matplotlib mailing list:
matplotlib-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Anyhow:
> "Dimensions of x and y are incompatible"
means what it means: you're trying to plot y (size 11) with x of size
(110). That won't do: your x and y must have the same size (else, what
happens to the extras x or y ?)
Moreover, you may want to use np.linspace instead of np.arange for that:
np.linspace(0,1,11) gives you 11 points regularly spaced between 0 and
1.