[SciPy-user] [ANN][optimization] OpenOpt 0.23

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 05:15:21 EDT 2009

2009/3/17 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
> 2009/3/17 Dmitrey <dmitrey15 at ukr.net>:
>>> I agree.  Dmitrey, would that be ok with you?
>>>
>> I hadn't removed that one yet because there is GenericOpt code there.
>
> Why did the GenericOpt code not travel along?
>
> Matthieu, can we integrate GenericOpt into scipy.optimize?
>
> Cheers
> Stéfan

Hi,

I think I forgot to reply to this...

GenericOpt is not finished, I think. It lacks several tools, but the
basis is there. For the moment, the design is ready for any
unconstrained optimization, provided you implement some of the missing
tools (for instance rank updates, ...).
The problem is, I don't have much time to complete this now I'm
outside the university and I don't work that much with Python ATM :(

Matthieu
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/