[SciPy-user] [Timeseries] Linux installation error

Christiaan Putter ceputter at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 2 20:21:32 EDT 2009

Ok, just tested the code you sent me and it works just fine  (had to
kill numpy 1.2 though)

Some simple copy / pastable examples would be great to get new users
(that's me) going :-)

Quick question:

Is there any possibility to use python's decimal data type?  I saw you
used it in your sql example on the database side, but I'm guessing
numpy doesn't allow for this?  I sometimes have problems with equality
testing after several divisions / multiplications, so at the moment I
revert to the "is kind of" instead of the "is equal to" approach of
comparison...