[SciPy-user] ndimage starting points

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:06:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 16:54, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
> Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:41:51 -0700, Jarrod Millman wrote:
>
>> Since you are offering to help out with this, I would like to see
>> someone do the following:
>>
>> Take the existing numarray.ndimage docs:
>>   http://stsdas.stsci.edu/numarray/numarray-1.5.html/module-
> numarray.ndimage.html
>>
>> and the cookbook stuff:
>>
>>   http://www.scipy.org/SciPyPackages/Ndimage
>>
>> and merge what you can into the docstrings and convert the rest into
>> restructured text and commit it to the scipy trunk.  That way we can
>> start working on generating sphinx documentation for scipy.
>
> I started working on Sphinx stuff for Scipy last week, and got this far:
>
>        http://www.iki.fi/pav/tmp/scipy-refguide.tar.gz (source)
>        http://www.iki.fi/pav/tmp/scipy-refguide/
>
> It's a Sphinx framework similar to the Numpy reference guide we started
> working on this summer. There's in principle also a BZR branch for this
> in Launchpad,
>
>        https://code.launchpad.net/~pauli-virtanen/scipy/scipy-refguide
>
> which you could track using Bazaar (http://bazaar-vcs.org/), but for some
> reason Launchpad decided to dislike me today, so it doesn't work now.
> (BTW, should I put this to Scipy SVN, and if yes, where? What about the
> corresponding Numpy documentation?)

If you would like to, sure. If you want to stick with Bazaar, that's
fine with me, too, but I would like to see official links from
somewhere (like the Doc Marathon wiki page) to what you consider to be
the trunk for each.

If you do want to move it over to SVN, go ahead and make
numpy-refguide/ and scipy-refguide/ directories all the way at the
root as siblings to trunk/. Inside them, you can either make branches/
tags/ trunk/ or you can reuse the top-level branches/ and tags/.
Probably the former.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."