[SciPy-user] Installing on Ubuntu with mkl 10.0.2: libimf.so not found

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:10:43 EST 2008

Before doing that, try without the sudo. The fact that imf is not
found is not MKL related, but system dependent IMHO.
For instance try (after checking the availability of libimf.so in the
library path):
python setup.py install --prefix=/somewhere/where/I/put/garbage

Matthieu

2008/11/4 Anand Patil <anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:20 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Anand Patil
>> <anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > Sorry to post again for help installing. I recently got numpy installed
>> > with
>> > mkl 10.0.2. I pared the site.cfg file down to just
>>
>> I think that's a bug in the MKL. AFAIK, nobody has been able to track
>> it down (you're not the first one to report this problem with this
>> version of the MKL).
>
> Thanks David,
> I couldn't find the ticket in the scipy bug tracker. Should I open a new
> one? Also, what's the most recent version of MKL that's known to work?
> Anand

Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/
Blogs: http://matt.eifelle.com and http://blog.developpez.com/?blog=92