[SciPy-user] [ Python(x,y) ] New release : 1.2.0

Pierre Raybaut contact at pythonxy.com
Tue May 27 04:34:41 EDT 2008

2008/5/27 Nicolas Pettiaux <nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be>:

> 2008/5/26 Pierre Raybaut <contact at pythonxy.com>:
>
> > Python(x,y) 1.2.0 is now available on http://www.pythonxy.com.
>
> thanks for the news.
>
> I thank you for this initiative to put all these tools together in a
> very easy way to install, and I really appreciate that you choose to
> propose tools that allow to develop applications that would be
> independant from the operating system but ... I wonder what would be
> needed to package these very same tools for the other main operating
> systems, aka Mac OS X and GNU/linux ? I am especially interested in
> such questions as I do only use personnally these (Mac OS X Tiger and
> GNU/linux Ubuntu 8.04). I am quite sure that other people would
> appreciate the availability of pythonxy on these platforms.

You're not the only one to ask about it indeed.
A GNU/Linux version is scheduled (and it seems to be far more simple to
package than the Windows version), but I do not personnally use this OS. One
of my colleague should be working on it shortly. We will then decide how to
organize this work in simple tasks, and probably ask for contributions.
As of today, no MacOs version is scheduled (because we don't use this OS,
and we don't know anyone who could do it).

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Pierre Raybaut