[SciPy-user] how to build in fftw3 support?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu May 22 23:47:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:32 PM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Lin Shao <shao at msg.ucsf.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> One more question. In scipy.fftpack, where isn't there a rfftn()
>>> function (just as numpy.fft.fftpack does)?
>>
>> I presume because of the lack of support from the non-FFTPACK backends.
>
> Actually, in the current state of affairs, scipy.fftpack provides the
> same functionalities for all backends. rfftn is simply not available at
> all in scipy.fftpack, whatever backend is used.

Yes, I know. What I meant was that perhaps since it wasn't part of the
subset of functionality common to all of the backends, that it would
be omitted from the interface entirely.

Now, however, I just suspect that numpy.fft just got a little more
development and no one though to implement it over in scipy.fftpack.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco