[SciPy-user] Mac OS X and mkl and modifying site.cfg

Chris Lee c.j.lee at tnw.utwente.nl
Tue May 13 09:21:58 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I know this question has been asked before but I can't seem to find
the answer and certainly what I am doing is not working.

I want to link my numpy install to the MKL libraries on Mac OS X (10.5)

I have installed the mkl libraries and they have ended up buried in /
Libraries/frameworks...
I have edited the site.cfg package to read:

[DEFAULT]
library_dirs = /usr/local/lib:/opt/intel/fc/10.1.014/lib
include_dirs = /usr/local/include:/opt/intel/fc/10.1.014/include

[mkl]
library_dirs = /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Libraries/
universal
mkl_libs = mkl, vml
include_dirs = /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Headers

Python seems to find the intel fortran compiler all right but it
doesn't appear to even look for the mkl libraries

I have also tried other variations on this but it seems that the
site.cfg file is ignored by setup.py
When I looked in setup.py, I noticed that configuration expects to add
site.cfg.example. I changed that to site.cfg but it didn't make any
difference.

If anyone knows what the site.cfg file should look like for a default
Mac OS X install with mkl, would they please let me know?

Thank you all very much.
Cheers
Chris

Chris Lee
Laser Physics and Nonlinear Optics Group
MESA+ Research Institute for Nanotechnology
University of Twente
Phone: ++31 (0)53 489 3968
fax: ++31 (0)53 489 1102