[SciPy-user] Python Spreadsheet with Python as Core Macro Language

Robin robince at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:56:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:20:43AM -0400, luis cota wrote:
>  >    Has anyone seen a Python spreadsheet with Python as the core macro
>  >    language?
>
>  Resolver (http://resolversystems.com/) but it is based on ironpython.

I'm not affiliated in any way, but I think Resolver One looks like a
great product. It's not open source but has a sensible license (free
for academic/non-commercial use provided any created sheet is under an
open source license).

They are also working on getting CPython extensions (numpy and maybe
one day scipy) working with IronPython:
http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/

Robin