[SciPy-user] Python Spreadsheet with Python as Core Macro Language

luis cota lo.maximo73 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:20:43 EDT 2008

Has anyone seen a Python spreadsheet with Python as the core macro language?

I'm aware of IronPython and this is about as close as I have seen to what I
am looking for except that it runs on the wrong OS and can't use the
standard python libraries. :)

I've run into a few other options that look promising, just
not.quite.theresuch as GNU Numeric, OpenOffice, and Picalo.  All I'm
looking for is a basic
grid that i can use to dynamically test functions and to print results for
evaluation.

Perhaps what is needed is a new project using a wxPython grid?

- Luis