[SciPy-user] FFTW use

Charrett, Thomas t.charrett at Cranfield.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 06:34:08 EDT 2008

Thanks for the prompt reply,

I've worked it out now, the problem was not with the FFT (although the numbers did differ slightly from Matlab - rounding errors?) but in my processing where I cut out a window from the FFT and place into a new array, however I forgot to set the type of the array to complex128, hence the strange results when computing the inverse FFT.

I'll probably go back to using the precompiled version of scipy for now as it seems to work fine.

Tom Charrett