[SciPy-user] Control Systems Toolbox

Jasper Stolte jasperstolte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 04:46:52 EST 2008

Hey guys, excellent!

Indeed, I quietly started something and put it in google code. It would be
great to have some help with it, though originally I planned on getting some
kind of basic skeleton finished before asking other ppls to join in. Of
course, if you want to help with that as well, you are very much welcome.

About the licensing, I would specifically want this to be a part of scipy in
the future. The code should thus be released under a BSD license (I put it
like that in Google Code). I'm not quite sure how this licensing stuff
works. The algorithms are all public domain afaik, Octave made some
implementation of them in C++. The class structure of this toolbox will be
totally different, it's even written in a whole other language. Is it
forbidden for us to look at how they implemented it without going to GPL?
Not too big of a problem because it can be done without, but it's always
nice to have some kind of reference.

So far it's all original.. :) Tonight I'll restructure some, and put up the
last version. Ofcourse, I barely started, so a LOT still has to be done.
Greetz,

Jasper