[SciPy-user] import scipy - py2exe

William Purcell williamhpurcell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 08:28:59 EDT 2008

Sorry for posting in two places for those of you on the py2exe list. The
py2exe list doesn't seem to be as active as this one.

After compiling a small wx gui with py2exe, the following is the traceback I
get when running the resulting .exe.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "simple.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "scipy\__init__.pyo", line 48, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'NoneType' and 'str'

operating sys.           --> XP
scipy.__version__      --> 0.6.0
wx.__version__         --> 2.8.7.1
py2exe.__version__   --> 0.6.8

The gui script is simple....

import wx, scipy
app = wx.App()
frame = wx.Frame(None, -1, 'simple.py')
frame.Show()
app.MainLoop()

... and runs fine from the command line. I was having this problem with a
larger gui and I think I have narrowed the problem down to this.

Thanks in advance,
Bill