[SciPy-user] Image Morphology

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Sat Jun 21 22:56:59 EDT 2008

Hi Rebecca,

> I am looking for python equivalents for the matlab functions
> BWselect and
> BWmorph(skel). Can the outcomes of these functions be accomplished
> using
> scipy.ndimage?

Could you describe those operations in a bit more detail? ndimage
probably doesn't have any direct equivalent, but since many of the
more-complex morphological operations are built out of simpler ones
(ndimage has the full complement of "building block" morphological
operators, more or less), it might be possible to get the same
functionality out of scipy pretty easily.

Zach