[SciPy-user] netCDF files, ctypes, and numpy

Rob Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Wed Jun 18 11:48:01 EDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Chris Lee wrote:
> Well since discovering pupynere, I have no need for Scientific at all.
> Though, it should be noted that the current version of pupynere will
> only load netCDF files with a small number of variables. I think I
> have patched the code to fix that now. If I find that it works I will
> send the patched code on to the author.

For writing (and reading netCDF3 and netCDF4 files), check out

http://netcdf4-python.googlecode.com

This package can now be installed linking to either the netcdf3 or
netcdf4 libraries (which need to be installed prior).

-Rob

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331