[SciPy-user] Some mathematics/statisctics books

didier rano didier.rano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 22:07:23 EDT 2008

Wahh so many books to read.

But to analysis graph related to time-series, I don't know if I need more a
statistic approach or pure mathematic approach. Maybe that I could use both
approaches.

For example, I need to analysis the trend of a graph, or remove some no
relevants data in a graph.

Thanks for all your help, and sorry for my poor background in mathematics (I
need to learn linear algebre too !)

2008/6/10 Alan Jackson <alan at ajackson.org>:

> For learning statistics, sorry they aren't python, but I really like :
>
> Introductory Statistics with R - Peter Dalgaard
> An R and S-plus Companion to Applied Regression - John Fox
> Primer of Biostatistics - Stanton Glantz
> Modern Applied Statistics with S - Venebles and Ripley
> Practical Time Series - Gareth Janacek
>
> For what you want, the first two in particular are probably relevant.
> Personally I switch between scipy and R frequently, depending on which
> one seems best for the problem at hand. They both have their strengths.
>
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:09:27 -0400
> "didier rano" <didier.rano at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using Time Series moduled provided for scipy. I am very impressive
> by
> > scipy in general. But I don't have enough backgrounds to understand all
> > mathematics/statistics models inside scipy.
> >
> > Could you help to find some books, articles, courses to improve my
> > scientific backgrounds ? In particular, I need some knowledges to
> generate
> > graphs to show pertinent information (trends...).
> >
> > Thank you
> > Didier Rano
>

> --

Didier Rano