[SciPy-user] LabVIEW and LabPython

Gary Pajer gary.pajer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 18:21:00 EDT 2008

I was unaware of LabPython until this post.  But I can report that I've been
using National Instruments' DAQmx library through ctypes, and it seems to
work perfectly.  I don't know how far along you are in development,  but
there's an option for you.

I've married DAQmx to scipy/numpy to Traits UI (
http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits ) and I have a beautiful GUI based
data acquisition/display/analysis system.  I'll admit that I've been too
scared to even try to implement callbacks (used by a small number of DAQmx C
functions) but I've achieved the same functionality using python threads.
Aside from that caveat, all features have worked as they should.

-gary