[SciPy-user] Help interpolating equally spaced 2D gridded data to a different grid.

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina at twdb.state.tx.us
Fri Jul 18 15:05:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a regular grid of data :

lat_old.shape = (277, 349)
lon_old.shape = (277, 349)
precip_old.shape = (8, 277, 349) # the first axis is time

I need to interpolate precip_old to a new regular grid (lat,lon) where

lat.shape = (204, 160)
lon.shape = (204, 160)

Basically I need to calculate  precip_new where precip_new.shape = (8, 204, 160)

I've had a look at the cookbook page for 'N-D interpolation for equally-spaced data' and also some of the documentation for interp2D etc but am having trouble understanding what I need to do.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

- dharhas