[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 03:37:30 EDT 2008

>> Let me explain this.
>> You are complaining that you have to connect several optimizers
>> yourself to OO.

> Matthieu, IIRC I had been never complaining that I have to connect
> several optimizers to OO.

This is what you were saying some hours ago:

"> And it is not your job to try to get a workaround (IMHO) ;)

Neither connecting IPOPT nor ALGENCAN 2.x version  (as well as some
other work done during my GSoC 2008) are not mentioned in my
GSoC-assigned schedule (still I had spent some more time because some OO
users were very interested in these issues). So it's not my job to get
ALGENCAN workaround."

Sorry, but for me, this is complaining. And I'm not talking about the
mails you sent some months ago (in which you were saying that you
wanted to get paid to connect some solvers).

> Please give me a link to my message where I say "it is not my job to
> connect solver X or solver Y".

See my above quote.

> Let me also remember you that OO had been started even before GSOC 2007,
> and in GSoC 2008 rules (Python dept) they clarified that all code
> produced by student is his own one (still it should be available with
> BSD license). If you want to fork openopt to other package and develop
> that one by yourself - please inform me ASAP.

Let me also inform you that OO is a scikit to which I contributed a
lot as well. And to which I will keep contributing (generic framework
+ some other lines).

But I'll there, because, as always, it is not possible to discuss
something with you. I only wanted to provide you a simple and
efficient way to have additional contribution.

Matthieu
--
French PhD student