[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Wed Jul 16 14:19:23 EDT 2008

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, dmitrey apparently wrote:
>
>> I intend just to remove ALGENCAN_oo.py, because I don't
>> see needs to continue it maintenance in future.
>>

> I understand, but
>
> - there is a problem right now: SVN is not working for
>   Windows users.  This is not acceptable.
> - the same problem will reappear in the future (new ALGENCAN
>   versions), so you might as well pick a solution now.

There will be no problem because I intend to provide just single version
of algencan (latest) in algencan_oo.py and nothing more.
As for Windows users, I guess they can wait till next OO release. These
2 files are in repository for several months but Dave was first (and I
guess he will be last till next OO release) who encountered the problem,
because very seldom Windows users download OO via svn. In anyway, they
have a number of other download possibilities - zip-file, tarballs etc.
D.