[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Wed Jul 16 13:15:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, dmitrey apparently wrote:
> I don't know what code do you mean here, I had already moved some code
> from ALGENCAN_oo.py to algencan_oo.py.

I think Matthieu is just referring to the DRY/SPOT
violations I pointed out.  Generally speaking, you should
not have two files containing duplicate code.

Just for example, one might refactor as follows:

        algencan_common.py
        (for code found in both current files)

        algencan.py
        (support for current version (unnumbered))

        algencan1.py (support for version 1)

The last two would import from the first as needed.
This is not a "proposal" per se, just an illustration.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac