[SciPy-user] Bayes net question

Young, Karl karl.young at ucsf.edu
Mon Jan 28 23:35:43 EST 2008

I'm willing to contribute (have done some Matlab -> Python porting but unfortunately for this project more IDL -> Python porting). I'm also pretty motivaterd re. seeing this happen as I've been reading some papers by Dimitris Margaritas that provide nice algorithms for feasibly testing independence for continuous variables which would be really helpful for me re. construction of useful Bayes nets. And I'd prefer to work on adding versions of these to a SciPy package (or scikit) - if there not already available in Kevin Murphy's toolbox that is (haven't looked at it in great detail yet). I'll figure out how to add my name to the wiki.

Karl Young
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Disease, UCSF
VA Medical Center, MRS Unit (114M)
Phone:  (415) 221-4810 x3114
FAX:    (415) 668-2864
Email:  karl young at ucsf edu