[SciPy-user] Install_SciPy

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:45:40 EST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 3:39 PM, Yennifer Santiago <yennifersantiago at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hello...
> >
> > I want to install Scipy 0.6.0, I already install the packages python,
> numpy,
> > atlas, lapack an SciPy, but when I make the test, after intall SciPy:
> >
> > carolina at carolinapc :~$ import scipy
> > carolina at carolinapc:~$ scipy.test(level=1)
> > bash: error de sintaxis cerca de token no esperado `level=1'
> >
> > What is the problem??

Jarrod provided you with a reply yesterday. Did that not help?  If
not, please provide further details.  He specifically indicated that
you were running in the system shell, while you need to execute the
above commands in a python prompt:

planck[cv]> python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May  2 2007, 16:56:35)
>>> import scipy

...etc...

Please keep your responses on the original thread, so that someone can
actually help you, rather than restating the same question over and
over.

Regards,