[SciPy-user] 'NullTester' object has no attribute 'bench'

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 12:16:41 EST 2008

Thanks again Matthew.  I am back in business.  scipy imports correctly
and I seem to have normal functionality.

scipy.test()

prints this fairly polite message:

In [2]: scipy.test()
<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>           Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/ryan/<ipython console> in <module>()

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/testing/nulltester.py in
test(self, labels, *args, **kwargs)
     13         pass
     14     def test(self, labels=None, *args, **kwargs):
---> 15         raise ImportError, 'Need nose for tests - see %s' % nose_url
     16     def bench(self, labels=None, *args, **kwargs):
     17         raise ImportError, 'Need nose for benchmarks - see %s'
% nose_url

<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: Need nose for tests - see
http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose

which does what it is supposed to and tells me to install the nose
package.  I will do that later.

Thanks again,

Ryan