[SciPy-user] assignment of hours of day in time series

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Sun Jan 6 19:03:53 EST 2008

Hello,
my first post was sent nearly 2 weeks ago and may have gotten buried
between the years. I therefore Cc it to the time series developers
because they may know something on this.

> I'd start with the Python built-in datetime module and see if that helps.
As I see from the example (http://docs.python.org/lib/node85.html) the
datetime objects are a basis for date and time formatting and
calculations. I think they are being used internally by the module. But
I am talking of a simple solution to adjust the input (read: start time
of my time series) and the reporting.
For a easier understanding I have put some random data below. The first
table. Shows my input data which I also described in my previous email.
I think may data sets from sensors will be in a format like mine.
The last table is what I would like to get in my report.

How would you as experienced scipy/time series user implement the code
to get my desired output?
I read the documentation with pydoc and didn't find any parameter to set
24:00 instead of 0:00 hrs.

Thanks for your help,
Timmie

Example tables: